Tuesday, January 31, 2012

more about san francisco

Day 3 (Friday):
Gair and Big G had meetings scheduled for all day on Friday, so Mrs. Heady and I took the shuttle from the hotel to downtown to do some shopping!  This was my first time seeing downtown San Francisco and it was so neat!  I am very mad at my self because I did not take many pictures around downtown :(  Mrs. Heady and I did a lot of shopping and then ate lunch at Lori's Diner.  This was such a neat place and my burger and fries were delicious!  After we ate lunch we did a little bit more shopping and then caught the shuttle back to the hotel to wait on the guys to get back.  When they got back from their meetings we went to a restaurant near the hotel called Hungry Hunter!  It was probably the coolest place I have ever eaten dinner.  When you ordered a house salad they brought out this huge tray with everything you could possibly want on your salad and made it right in front of you!  Those of you who know me well know that I did NOT order a salad! Ha! Even though I actually just figured out that I have a new found LOVE for caesar salads (and the grilled chicken caesar salad at Schooners is aaaa-mazing).  Anyways...after dinner we went back to the hotel and just hung out for the night because we were still kinda on South Carolina time :)
Day 4 (Saturday):
We woke up this morning and had the delicious Embassy Suites breakfast and took the shuttle to downtown for some more shopping and sightseeing.  Gair and I checked out H&M and then hopped on the trolley to go meet his parents down at Fisherman’s Warf.

Riding the trolley down to Fisherman's Warf!
Sea Lions laying out at Pier 39!
 View of the Bay and Alcatraz from Pier 39.  Look at my previous post for other pictures of Alcatraz from different places.
 Looking over towards the Golden Gate Bridge!  It was such a beautiful day that sailboats were everywhere in the Bay!
This was really cool because there were all these different fresh seafood vendors all along one small street.

 After we left Fisherman's Warf we walked to Ghirardelli Square, where they make all the chocolate.  We went in the Ghirardelli Square Ice Cream Shop and Gair and I split a hot fudge sundae and it was sooooo yummy :)
After we left Ghirardelli Square we had to get back on the trolley to take us back to Union Square, but Gair and I decided to walk a little bit instead of getting on the trolley.  We literally walked up the BIGGEST hill I have ever seen...when I say BIGGEST, that doesn't even do it justice...it was a ginormous incline!!!  :)  It was so neat because when we got to the top of the first incline and turned around to look towards the Bay it was the most incredible view!
You could see the back of the Ghirardelli sign... 
 Fisherman's Wharf....
 ...the Golden Gate Bridge
 ...and Alcatraz.  This picture shows a little bit of one of the MOUNTAINS we walked up!  It really just looks like the street drops off!
 We walked hiked up Hyde Street a little more and walked over to Lombard Street, which is known for having a very steep, one block section that has 8 tight hairpin turns.
 After we walked for probably another 45 minutes we finally caught the trolley!
 Gair on the trolley!
This was such an amazing experience riding the trolley!  It's one of those things that (I think) you can only do in San Francisco!
Once we got back to the hotel Gair and I had ordered a pizza for his parents to be delivered to the hotel.  We had decided that we were gonna have a little date night and try to find a yummy restaurant near the hotel to go to.  We had decided on eating Italian but when we got there it was a little bit fancier than our taste buds desired :)  So we walked across the street to a Mexican restaurant (of course).  It was authentic and delicious!

Since this post is already so long, I will save the beautiful pictures that I have from the rest of the trip for another post!


Happy Tuesday :)


(not too sure what was up with all the font changing throughout this blog post...I attempted to fix it for probably an hour...NO LUCK)

No comments:

Post a Comment