Tuesday, January 24, 2012

san francisco

If you read my blog often then I'm assuming you already know that at the beginning of the month Gair and I were in San Francisco with his parents for a week.  Gair and his dad (aka 'Big G') had to travel over there for business and Mrs. Heady and I were lucky that we got to tag along :)  I had never been to California (except for the LAX airport on the way to Hawaii last February) so I was super excited about going and exploring what all there was to see!  Thankfully Gair and Big G only had meetings 2 of the days that we were there so we were able to do the touristy things altogether!

Day 1:
When we got there we were all a little tired because of the jet lag so we just kinda hung around the hotel and because we were starving we checked out Leann's Cafe that was across the street from our hotel.  After the free :) happy hour that was offered by Embassy Suites we watched some football and called it a night because we had a lot of fun planned for the next day!

Day 2:
Since Gair and Big G were gonna need a rental car for all their meetings we rented a car and decided that we would check out Sausalito...which we had to drive over the Golden Gate Bridge to get there (so cool).

I took these pictures from the backseat of the car through the front windshield....so they aren't that great!
 The rest of the pictures are from the Sausalito side of the bridge looking towards the city!
 It is so neat how the fog sets in over the Bay.  I love this picture because you can see the city and the Bay Bridge (recently featured on the Bachelor) over in the distance!
 Alcatraz and if you look close enough you can see the Bay Bridge through all the fog!
 Another beautiful pictures of the Golden Gate Bridge!
 I love this one :)
 I zoomed out so you could see the city, Alcatraz, and the Bay Bridge in one picture :)  I love how cool the fog looks in these pictures!
 Gair and Big G :)

After enjoying the beautiful views over the San Francisco Bay we headed to Sausalito to do some shopping.  Sausalito is very beautiful.  There are shops and restaurants right along the Bay which was very neat!  I bought a few things in some of the shops and then we sat down to have lunch at a little cafe right on the water.  I'm not gonna lie...I'm pretty sure I had the best sandwich I have ever eaten, and I wish I remembered the name of the cafe :( 

Looking over the water!
 The homes in Sausalito were gorgeous and they were all kinda stacked up this hill overlooking the bay. 
 More around lunch time the fog was starting to rise up a little higher over the bay.  I love this picture because you can only see the tops of the buildings in the city!
 A closer view of Alcatraz and some sailboats!
A goofy shot of our awesome ride for the day!
 Gair and I in Sausalito with the city behind us :)

After lunch we were going to start driving up towards Napa Valley and visit some local wineries.  We made our first stop at Jacuzzi Family Vineyard where they had free wine tasting.  I actually bought 2 bottles because it was so good!  Here are some pictures I took at this winery.  The views were absolutely breathtaking!
 We had so much fun driving around northern California sightseeing and visiting some of California's vineyards and wineries--and of course tasting all the different wines :)

After we left Jacuzzi Family Vineyards we headed towards Sonoma (where The Bachelor Ben is from). We actually were on the same street that Ben and Kacie B. had their date and their own little parade :) I know I sound like a dork...but hey I'm just trying to give you a little picture in your mind of where we were (that is if you watched that episode).  

Our drive through Sonoma took us to another winery.
 How cool is this?!?  I guess that's why they named it Valley of the Moon Winery.

Anywho...of course since Bachelor Ben owns a winery, I googled to find out which one was his so we could see how far away it was or if we could even visit it.  My quick little google search took us to The Benziger Family Winery.  Which wasn't Bachelor Ben's winery, but it was the family winery of Michael Benziger, who is his partner in their new winery, Envolve Winery.  Oh well...atleast we got to taste more yummy wines :)  The Benziger Family Winery was the most beautiful of all the wineries that we visited.

I thought this old tractor was really neat!  There were things like this all over the property!
 Gair and I at the Benziger Family Winery! I love this picture and my rosy cheeks from the wine tasting :) ha!
 and I love this boy :)
 Such a beautiful sunset as we were leaving Sonoma!

Even though we didn't quite make it to Napa Valley, I think I can speak for us all in that we had a WONDERFUL day driving through the countryside of northern California.

Since I have so much more to write about our trip, I'm gonna save it for another post!  Check back to read more about our lovely little getaway to the West Coast :)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures! I'm originally from southern California and have never been that north. These pictures make me want to go even more! I will have to keep Sausalito in mind.

    ReplyDelete