Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Famously Hot New Years

Better late than never....
(similar to the rest of my recent posts)

This year for New Years Eve the City of Columbia was throwing a huge party!  George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic were headlining...so we knew it would be a fun night!  Gair and myself joined up with Yates, Ashley, and Chris and had dinner at Garibaldi's downtown in 5 points before heading over to the big NYE party on Main Street.

Ash and Yates at dinner!
 Ash and Chris
 Gair and I :) :)

After dinner we headed over to Main Street to check out the big party!  Lucky for people of Columbia this whole party was free...free for anyone and everyone!  We bought tickets to the VIP lounge that was going to have a heated tent set up right next to the stage and free drinks and food for the whole night!  Miss South Carolina and Miss Teen South Carolina were present at the VIP lounge and the WIS news team was doing a lot of Live coverage from the tent!  We all felt like movie stars since we were on the news :)

The girls :)
 George Clinton and P-Funk
 Yates bustin' a move! Did I really just say "bustin' a move"?!?!
 This little boy breakin' it down for us!
 Around 11:15 or so us girls took a potty break and headed over to the bathrooms.  While I was standing in line this really sweet girl offered me her jacket because I obviously looked cold (yes, I was one of those girls that didn't even think about what the temperature was outside).  Well after I came out of the bathroom, the boys were talking to this guy, who they had also just met.  He was going to propose to his girlfriend at midnight!  Little did I know that his future fiance was the sweet girl that offered me her jacket.  Since we had already been movie stars on WIS we thought we could talk to the camera crew and try to get this precious couple on the news for the big proposal!
 Us girls again waiting to bring in the New Year!!!
 Ashley and I :)
 Our shoes....going for cute rather than comfy!!
 Looking forward to another wonderful year with this wonderful man :)
 This night wouldn't have been the same without Toph doing something silly :)
 Look who we spotted at this Famously Hot New Years...The Shop Tart!  If you aren't already familiar with her blog...you should be!  She writes daily about wonderful places to shop and eat around the wonderful city of Columbia!  
Happy New Year everyone :)
(don't you just love my SUPER cheesy smile!?!?!)

Looking forward to all the wonderful things that 2012 is going to bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment