Thursday, January 12, 2012

Annual Cookie Exchange

This year we were trying to figure out how many Cookie Exchanges we have actually had, but we couldn't figure out the exact number!

Every Christmas for as long as I can remember my best friends and our Moma's have gotten together for an annual cookie exchange (or swap as we sometimes call it).  It started out many many years ago when we would all bake 2-3 dozen cookies and then at the end of the "swap" or party...we would all collect our own little plate of all the goodies that people baked!  Now that we are all older and don't get to see each other as much :( we use this time to have a few glasses of wine and catch up with one another (and still share some yummy cookies)!  With these girls though, it's like we don't even miss a beat!  You know you are best friends when you can go forever without seeing one another and still have just as much fun and pick up right where you left off :)  This is why I love my girls so much!!!!!

Since Georgia's birthday is December 22nd, we decided we would have our little Cookie Exchange on her birthday so it was a double celebration!
We had a little champagne toast for Georgia's birthday:)  Happy 25th Birthday to my BEST FRIEND!!

Tin and I always take our annual on the back picture!  Pretty sure this year I killed the poor girl!  Best friends for...hmmmm...what is it now....since 2nd grade....so that would be 17 years I think.
Tin, correct me if I'm wrong.
 Not that many people are as blessed as we are, and able to say that you are still best friends with girls from kindergarten!  Well....with this group...we can just about all say that!
 Me and my beautiful Moma :)
 Us girls and our Moma's
 This year we tried to get a little creative on the picture taking...who suggested this pyramid?!?! ha!!
 Can't say we didn't have a blast doing it though :)
 I absolutely love all of these pictures so much and will treasure them FOREVER!  I know that sounds so cheesy, but I hope that when I have a daughter one day that she is as lucky as I am to have such amazing friends like I have been blessed with!
 My beautiful best friends!
We tried a little planking picture...if only the next 3 seconds had been captured on camera...we all toppled over and were dying laughing!
(lighting isn't the best...sorry)

I love you all so much and am so blessed to have you in my life :)

2 comments: