Thursday, October 27, 2011

skytop orchard

On Saturday morning we headed up to the SkyTop Orchard, in Flat Rock, NC, to pick apples!  I have never done this before and it was so much fun!  There are apples everywhere that are already in bags and ready to buy, or you can walk through the orchard and pick your own apples.  They have tables set up where you can taste the different types of apples so you know which ones you like, so you know which trees to pick from!

 Looking down on all apple trees!

Taylor was our climber!  She climbed up in the trees to get the apples because a lot of the trees were very picked over!

Our bucket full of apples!
(and my scarf and Gair's jacket --it got pretty hot while we were out pickin')

After we were done pickin' apples, we came back up the big hill and found Caroline, Mrs. Heady, Mrs. Avis, and the little one playing on the playground!

After we left the SkyTop Orchrad, my camera died, but we headed back down the mountain where there are some cute little antique shops and also a FUN shop called The Wrinkled Egg.  The only thing I bought was an EARLY Christmas present for my sissy! :)  It is a really cool little shop, that has been featured in Southern Living, NY Times, and Wall Street Journal!  You should definitely check it out if you are ever near Flat Rock, NC.

After we left Flat Rock, Gair and I headed back home because we had a Halloween/Birthday party for our friend Kristin (who just turned the BIG 3-0 might I add).  I will do a separate post about that party tomorrow :)

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment