Friday, June 17, 2011

family time

I have been looking forward to this past week for several weeks now!  My mom's family from out west was heading east for a long overdue visit!  

My Memaw and Papa Ralph live in Arkansas on a "Dude Ranch" (or so I like to call it).  They have a ton of land and when I was little I remember flying out there to visit and doing all sorts of fun things around the ranch like. . . .riding the tractors, riding the horses, helping Memaw and Papa Ralph feed and take care of the horses, and just run around and play in the open fields.  As Becca and I got older, it became more difficult to take trips out to Arkansas to visit because of our busy schedules with cheerleading, school, pageants, or whatever else was tying us down.  Thankfully Memaw and Papa Ralph would take the trip out to South Carolina to visit us!

My Aunt Christy (mom's sis) and her family live in Arlington, Texas.  Aunt Christy and Uncle Brian have 3 precious children.  I can't seem to get used to the fact that the 2 older kids, Maddie and Christian, are growing up!  Maddie is going to be a senior in high school this coming year and Christian is almost 14 years old.  It seems like just yesterday we were all at Memaw and Papa Ralph's and I was carrying Maddie around everywhere on my hip!  Maddie and Christian weren't able to come out to visit because they were very busy at home with a lot of summer activities.  We missed you guys and hope to see you soon!  Jessie is the newest addition to the Lea family and is such a little angel.  She is 5 years old and the SMARTEST 5 year old I have EVER met!  Jessie made the long trip out to South Carolina with her Momma and Daddy to visit us!

My Uncle Chad (mom's bro) and his family live in Fort Smith, Arkansas.  It has been FOREVER since I have seen them and their two boys, Cayman and Wyatt.  The last time I saw them was when Wyatt was 2 years old and now Cayman is driving and Wyatt is 12 years old.  I cannot believe it has been 10 years since I have seen them.  I am so glad that they were ALL able to come visit us!

Gair and I drove down to IOP on Wednesday to see everyone.  When we got there mom and dad had planned for all of us to hop on the boat and take a cruise around the harbor before our fish fry that night. Here are some pictures from the harbor cruise!

Gair and Russ on the back of the boat!
My beautiful Aunt Christy!
 Bec and precious little Jessie!
They are so fun to take pictures of . . . .
 Uncle Chad and Aunt Melissa!
Little Studs. . . . Wyatt and Cayman  :)

Mom, Memaw, Aunt Christy and Jessie
 We just couldn't get a normal picture. . . . :)
 Silly girl :)
 Me and Jessie enjoying some snacks on the boat!
She is just so cute, I had to take lots of pictures of her!
Someone caught me in action!  What i LOVE to do most :)

I am so glad I got to see everyone this week!  I hate that it was such a short visit and I hope it isn't another 10 years before we see everyone again! We missed you Maddie and Christian!

No comments:

Post a Comment