Wednesday, August 17, 2011

future classroom library.

I decided this week it was time to go through ALL the books that I have bought over the years!  When mom and dad moved to IOP I had no where to put all of my school stuff that I have accumulated.  To my surprise my sweet boyfriend let me put it all in his attic!  I have ordered books on eBay and some of the boxes I never even opened because I knew that I wasn't going to be needing them quite yet.  

Well, the attic was starting to get piles of other stuff in it which was making it very cluttered, so I decided to downsize and actually go through all of the stuff that I had been given (by my favorite teacher in the world...Mrs. Dyches).  Before I started that I wanted to organize my books and take inventory [if you will].  So my project this week, and I'm guessing for the next couple of weeks (because of the massive amount of books that I have) is going to be typing up a spreadsheet of all the books that I own.  It's been really fun so far because I can already envision when I would use them when I finally have a classroom one day.

I set up this little drawer thing to organize my books.  I have found that I have a lot of books that are in a series or books by the same author, so instead of having them all in different boxes, or just in random places with no organization, this is how I am trying to organize them for now.
 This is all of my stuff.  Mrs. Dyches (my kindergarten and second grade teacher) gave me the majority of it, but some of it was stuff I have bought at garage sales, or that I had when I was little.
 This is just ONE of the big boxes that I have of books.  I have actually already organized half of this box.
 The tie-dye chairs were actually mine and Becca's when we were little.  For some reason they stayed in "like new" shape so I thought they would be good for my classroom one day (even though they are a little tacky).
 All my dress up stuff, hoping that I will teach kindergarten :)

I'm having a Wonderful Wednesday! I hope everyone else is as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment