Wednesday, April 13, 2011

-baby blanket-

I mentioned in another post how some friends of mine were having a baby!  Well...Kaitlyn was born on April 4.  I decided since I have been into the whole sewing thing, that I would {attempt to} make her a baby blanket.  Well...I did it kinda like I did Gair's t-shirt blanket.  I just went to the fabric store and bought some cute pink fabrics that would look good together on a quilt.  The process was about the same as for Gair's blanket I made.

1. cut the fabric into 6x6 squares
2. placed the squares like I wanted them sewn together
3. sewed the squares together to make one big square
4. repeated steps 1-3 to make the back side of the blanket
5. sewed the fleece batting onto one of the sides of the quilt
6. sewed the front side to the back side with the right sides facing out
7. watched 1,000 youtube videos on how to sew the satin binding on the border of the blanket
8. gave up on learning from someone on youtube
9. figured out a way to do it on my own {YIKES} 
10. sewed the binding on the blanket
11. ran out of thread UGHHHHHH
12. didn't notice that the thread came out of some part of the machine, so it got all tangled up
13. finally figured it out :)
14. finished sewing the binding on

So, here it is, the finished baby blanket!  It was my very first time doing something like this (with the binding) so I'm not to ashamed of my work!  




I cooked meatloaf last night for Trav and Kristin and took over the baby blanket AND got to see Kaitlyn for the first time :)  She is absolutely adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment