Tuesday, March 22, 2011

it's SPRING

This weekend was ABSOLUTELY beautiful!  Gair and I did a lot of yard work and were very productive.  I have never had a yard of my own, and I still don't...but I like to help Gair when he lets me.  We cleaned out the driveway so 2 cars can actually park there without hitting the bush to the right side and Gair trimmed the 'red tips' (i just learned what these were).  Then we went to the backyard...I have 'before' pictures of it, but I will wait and post them with the 'after' pictures when we are done so you can see how great it turned out!  We started with the pool...we had to clean it out and fill it up (sounds easy...well it's harder than ya think).  I guess the pictures will really show how much work we had to do!  On Sunday I pulled weeds and we raked leaves....when I say leaves, that is an understatement...THIRTEEN industrial size trash bags FULL of leaves.  I was really getting into the whole pulling weeds thing (weird i know), but they were the ones that have the little onion things at the bottom, and it was such an accomplishment when I would pull out the entire thing without it breaking off under the ground...i guess because if it breaks off then more will grow there...i'm not a gardener so i'm not sure.  Here is a picture of what I am talking about... (i didn't take these, i just wanted to show you the kind of weeds we were dealing with)  :)
this is what it looked like before i tackled it and pulled it out of the ground
this is what they looked like when i pulled them out of the ground :) i felt very accomplished!
Enough about that...here is the EXCITING news:  While we were raking ALL those leaves and pulling the weeds, the hose was put into the pool and the water was turned ON!!!  That is the most exciting part because NOW...to go along with the WARM weather....there is WATER in the pool :)

We even made a little time to enjoy the beautiful weekend with friends poolside at my apartment.  Ever since we got back from Hawaii, we have both been so ready for it to STAY warm here at home!  I am so excited to bring out my bathing suits, shorts, and all my dresses.  I might be getting a little carried away considering it is still MARCH, and I do live in COLUMBIA, SC (where it is 35 degrees one day and 75 degrees the next).  Well I guess I will keep my fingers crossed in hopes for the warm weather to stay around :)

As soon as the backyard gets all pretty I will post the before and after pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment