Wednesday, August 3, 2011

a nice find :)

I have been looking around for a desk to put my sewing machine on.  I decided to stop by Goodwill just to see if they had anything that fit the mold for what I had been looking for. . .and they did!  I found this cute little child's desk for $10.

The desk looked great white, but I wanted to make a project out of it so I decided to paint it chocolate brown.  Since I am not much of a painter, I was a little nervous as to how it would turn out.
In the priming phase. . .
 The finished product!  As you can tell. . .I am not a professional painter.  There are a couple places that I probably need to touch up, but I think it looks pretty good for my first attempt at painting furniture.
 The knobs that were on the desk before were just plain white [or should I say plain boring] so I went to Lowes and picked out these cute square black knobs to go with the chocolate brown.
I can't wait to put my sewing machine on my [like new] desk and get to work on that blanket I've been promising Tin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment