Monday, August 15, 2011

Carolina Panthers

My posts from this weekend are going to be a little bit out of order because I am saving one particular post for a special day!

Gair and I were invited by some friends of ours (Brad and Madison) to go to the first pre-season Panthers game on Saturday.  Madison's parents live in Gastonia, so it worked out perfect that we were all able to stay there!  We drove up Saturday afternoon and had a great lunch at Hickory Tavern then sat out by the pool until it was time to get ready for the game!

The Panthers were playing the NY Giants, so I was really excited to see Eli Manning :)  Of course since I'm and SEC girl I was also looking forward to seeing Cam Newton play in his first NFL game!  It rained a little bit during the first quarter, but then everything cleared up and we had a great time cheering on the Panthers to win their first pre-season game 20-10.
 Bank of America Stadium
 This little boy was rockin' out to the music during a timeout!
 Brad and Madison...they are getting married January 21 and Gair is a groomsman in their wedding.
 Gair and I :)
 Sold out crowd for the first pre-season game!
 Cam Newton in action!!

This was the first NFL game I have ever been to!  We had a great time, so I hope it isn't the last!  Thanks to Brad and Madison for inviting us up for the weekend!

I hope everyone has a Marvelous Monday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment